- Australia, at first, seems the United States (perhaps because of language or progeny of both), but be warned, it only seems. Nothing of all those American food chains and bunches of malls, prices here are much less attractive and the variety is much smaller … so if you are interested in shopping, you better rethink your destination.
- Australians are very helpful! If you need some information, ask it. The only problem will be to understand their English, which is not the easiest, but they have, in general, a lot of patience.
- If you do not want to roast in the sun, buy your own umbrella, as the motto here is even toasting. Therefore, no one rents or caries umbrella and if you do not have your will stay in the sun all day. In fact, that’s what everyone does here. Enjoy and buy very cheap liter sunscreen, because as the cancer rate here is very high, the government encourages the use, even if it is not very effective by the population.
- To eat in Australia. also there to adapt. If you remember that Australian restaurant and think you’re going to come here and have a lot of meat, forget it. The best we have to do, and more economical, by the way, is eating Asian food, Asian and do not understand Japanese, as prices are well salted. To the Brazilian, left us the Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean food. You can still be happy to go to the market and buy something ready or frozen, still remembering that is far from cheap. For those who are familiar with portions and giant glasses, here’s more to Brazil: the portions are small and coffees, even the big ones, are very small. Enjoy and go on a diet, here is easy!
- At first it is difficult to drive in Australia for lack of practice with the British way, but soon you will getting the hang depending on the city and there are several signs indicating where to go and better, where not to go (for clumsy tourists), but the most important is that, in general, the roads are well signposted and in excellent condition.
- In another comparison with the United States, it is impossible not to notice the differences. Here the people loves drying outdoors, which ends up increasing slightly the laundry, so be smart, because if you need, you will spend an extra buck to wash and dry your clothes.
- Above all get used to people walking barefoot, free children on the floor and people walking carefree through the parks, the “Aussies” are well carefree, rightly, because cities are clean and safe and they have a free-style to enjoy life!